Time to review my knitolution progress!
My knitolutions were:
- Knit at least one lace shawl
- Knit a project with beads
- Learn how to read lace knitting charts
- Do more advanced Colorwork - still working on this LOL
- Make at least one sweater this year - about to CO tonight yayyyy
- Make at least 6 pairs of socks - made 1 3/4 pairs so far :P
- Use up my worsted/chunky yarn stash
- Finish at least two projects a month, or 24 total for the year - Finished 8 projects so far
- Replace inferior accouterments With better ones
- Crochet more -check!
- Make an Afghan or blanket with all the crappy red heart I still guiltily hoard. - I am halfway done with my blanket of awesome! Woot!
I plan on killing the first three on my list in one... going to make a lace shawl with beads, using a chart only pattern--this one to be exact. I have the yarn and beads already. I plan on starting it sometime next month, but we will see how it goes.
I am on a shawl/scarf craze atm.
|The colors were a bit odd, but I like the finished product. I plan to block the garter st section aggressively.|
I just finished another TGV (above) and cast on a Pogona this morning in the nummiest awesomes yarn EVAH. (Dancing Leaf Hip Hop)
|I am loving this pattern so far! Not surprising, it is a Stephen West pattern after all <3|
I have been a very good girl so far this year. So much, in fact, I bought myself a little treat because, why the fuck not?
MrYarn.com is one of the best places I have ever ordered yarn from. I placed the order on Thursday evening, and it shipped out (FREE!!) Priority Mail on Friday, and I got it at work yesterday. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest. The owner even hand wrote a thanks on my invoice and I got a free bumper sticker :D [it's on my laptop, since I no haz car]. The yarn, in case you're wondering, is Handmaiden's Mini Maiden in Cezanne. I realized this is the second skein of yarn I have bought with an artist's name as the colorway :P It is like Malabrigo Silky, but fingering weight. It will be a shawl; I would never make socks from something so fine.
|Better yarn picture :P|
I have much more to speak of. This has already become sort of a mishmash of shit, so I think I will continue with another post later.