NaCroMo, Bitches!

In case ya didn't already know, March is officially National Crochet Month!

Did you also know I have designed three different amigurumi patterns? You can find them here on the blog; just click on the tag for Patterns or Amigurumi (too lazy to link them here lol) :P  

To celebrate, I started another shawl featuring the pineapple stitch! I'm working it in lace weight with a size E hook. It's probably going to take me most of the month to finish it, as I've only been hooking at home. *smirks*

My progress as of Monday night. In case you're wondering, the yarn is Fleece Artist Saldanha in "Blush". I bought it online back in '10 on sale at Little Knits. As an aside, I used to shop there a lot, but they dicked me on shipping the last time I did + held up my order for a week. Not too pleased with them anymore.   

The Golden Pineapple shawl, as it was named by the blogger, is an easy pattern. It's chart only, so if you don't know how to read a crochet chart you'll have a hard time with it. If I feel ambitious enough (>__>) I may write the pattern out and/or rechart it. I can see how some might be intimidated by it, and there are some slight errors with it. Also, I made a couple of slight tweaks that made sense. I think I may do it, in the spirit of NatCroMo! I bought some knitting and crochet fonts on sale on a typography site; I thought they might have come in handy one day! We will see how well they work, and if I can even make a chart with them... if not, I might have to, um, procure some sort of software to do it.

Charting fascinates me.  What I like about crochet charts is this: most of the time, the symbols used look like the stitches required, which makes it automatic (almost mindless!) to follow. They also flow organically, and repeats are easier to follow as a result. Most knitting charts mystify the hell outta me. Straight row charts I can read, but I have to put some serious thought into it. Lace charts scare the bejesus out of me, and is honestly the one thing holding me back from starting my lace knitting odyssey...but that is a post for another day, I suppose.

I want to finish at least one more crochet project (probably another shawl...) and start a blanket to get rid of the Red Heart I have lurking around my room this month (I have a 30 gal storage tub full...).

More NatCroMo updates soon (hopefully :P)

Comments

Popular Posts