Miami Yarn :D

I know, I know.

I said I wouldn't arbitrarily buy yarn.

But---but--- I was on vacation! And I just so happened to bump into a yarn shop while I was wandering through Coral Gables and.... before I knew it, a half hour passed by and I had three new skeins of yarn D:

This is all I bought! I could have bought more, but I didn't! So there!

Zauberball Crazy. In Rainbow. How could I say no???

Colinette Jitterbug...in such fun colors. They remind me of Cuban restaurants' usual decor/scheme >__>

Madelinetosh Tosh merino light in Neon Rose. I'm a sucker for pink, and merino fingering wt yarn *le sigh* 

I got these at The Knitting Garden, a nice cozy shop in Coral Gables, FL. The yarns were neatly shelved by weight, and they had a respectable collection of fine yarns, as they say on their site. The prices are reasonable and about average for everything I looked at that I knew offhand (Malabrigo, Madelinetosh, Cherry Tree Hill, etc). 

The woman who rang me up was charming and helpful; turns out she has a daughter who lives in NYC. I noticed they had a lot of sweater samples.

Me: WOW. SO many nice sweater samples.... you guys actually wear sweaters here??!??
Shop Lady: *laughs* yes, we do!
Me: but why??
SL: Well, we have really cold AC's.
Me: *thinks of nipple numbing hotel room I had left behnd and nods* good point.

I am such a dork sometimes XD

So if you're even in or near Miami, definitely check them out! If I ever go back, I know I will shop there again. 

Comments

Popular Posts